Saturday, July 14, 2007

A lovely, lazy Saturday

Not much new this lovely Saturday. The weather here in OHIO is gorgeous. Warm, breezy, partly cloudy. IMHO~perfect. The garden is growing nicely. A few of the cherry tomatoes look as though they may ripen very soon. Yeah!! Everything else is moving along. Nothing exciting, but that's good.
I received another email that once again my worms were not shipped. They are now being shipped(supposedly) on Monday. DH is fed up and wants me to cancel the order. I'm going to send an email so they have it ASAP and do not send them. Not that there seems to be any risk of that!!
This is sort of off topic. Local, but not food related. Last night,dh, my sis,her husband and I went to the "Third Day" concert at the House of Blues. It was freakin' awesome!!!! I had never been there before. This was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. It was my 5th time seeing Third Day. We love them. In this particular venue, it was amazing. So, if you ever have the opportunity to see a concert there, go!! However, do not, I repeat... Do NOT order any food or beverages unless you love to overpay. Naively, we each got bottled water and split 2 orders of fries. Now, they were good, but our total bill was over $20. We nearly passed out!!! However, our tickets were given to us{front row balcony~great view), and they were awesome. My BIL drove and kindly paid for parking, so the experience was well worth it. For the record, I hear the food at HOB is really good. Just not what I want to pay for a snack. :)
My dd made zucchini bars the other day. I love these. I posted the recipe on recipezaar. Here's the link~http://www.recipezaar.com/240014.

No comments: