Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Barberton Farmer's Market

Today's trip to the market was definitely a success.
From Benders Farm(Copley): Rock cantaloupe(super sweet!!), tomato(not local~Indiana), peaches(NJ)
Seville Berry Farm(Seville): raspberries(mmmmm)
Farms I don't remember the name of: bi-color sweet corn, zucchini, onion, and a really good homemade nut roll.
Things I want to get next time:
fresh roasted cashews, watermelon, green beans, turnips and goat milk fudge.

The kids and I walked to the market, so I was limited by what we could carry home.
I will be making bread and zucchini bars today. I'll include the bar recipe in a post later. It's really yummy. I haven't made them in years. My mom made them every year, a few times, to help use up the overwhelming amount of zucchini she grew. I don't grow zucchini, but it was only $0.50 for a good sized one at the market. I like small tender squash to eat plain, but for baking big is OK.
I've got a lot of baking to do. Later!

No comments: