Saturday, May 5, 2007

Sunburn and sore muscles

We got the regrading done this weekend. It was the hardest work I have ever done. We had to lug 2.5 yards of dirt(clay) up the hill and pile it around the house. DH had the job of manning the tamper. After a few hours, I realized we'd never make it and called in reinforcements. My dad and brother came and within 2 hours it was done. It took a total of six grueling hours!! I also added in a new strip of ground cover where there had been just grass. I also separated the hostas and spread them out a bit.
Now to the important info. The peas seem to have survived their uprooting and replanting. I won't know for sure for a few more days, but they look OK. My next concern is that we put down about 6 inches of tamped down clay under the bed where they are planted. I'm not sure they will have enough soil to develop a good root system. Only time will tell. If they do make it, we are going to have a ton of peas!! I planted a lot.
Still haven't been baking. Hopefully next week. I think once my arms have rested from yesterday, I'm going to make bagels again. I'm hooked!!

No comments: