Saturday, June 9, 2007

Another week has gone by...

This has been an uneventful week in the garden. I think June is like that. Everything is planted and now it's just a matter of time. I don't like waiting, so it's a little frustrating. DH has caught the tomato bug, and bought me another plant!! This one is a Roma. For those that are keeping count, this makes 8.
Everything looks good. My neighbor commented the other day on how pretty my garden is. He is absolutely right. It is the nicest looking veggie garden I've seen in years. It is certainly my best. I never would have thought that the addition of a few flowers would make such a big difference. The added spots of color are really a nice touch. I think it's also aesthetically pleasing because it's so packed with plants. Anyway, I'm really enjoying it.
We picked some peas this week. Not too many, but enough for everyone to have a few pods. They are so sweet!! Next year I'm going to plant a ton more. It's impossible to have enough peas.
DH and I have already decided to add another bed next year. The squash and peas that I planted behind the house aren't doing nearly as well as the plants in the bed. It was a lot of work, but I think it'll be worth it.
My worms are on back order. I'm kind of disappointed. I have a bucket of food waiting for them. The company said it'll be another couple of weeks. Oh, well, it's not like I have nothing else to do.

No comments: