Sunday, August 19, 2007

Slacking!!

Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time!! It has not been because I haven't been doing anything. Just today I froze peach pie filling and made peach sauce. It is yummy. I bought a peck of peaches from Rittman's on Wednesday. I don't really have a recipe for the sauce, but here's the gist of it.
Peach Sauce
Peel and cut or slice some peaches
Sprinkle some brown sugar on top
Add some cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla
Stir in and then add a handful of cinnamon chips.
Heat on low until peaches are soft and liquid is syrupy, stirring often.
I had some of this on my pancakes this morning and it was yummy!!
The garden is doing OK. I'm getting a couple tomatoes every few days. Lots of cherry tomatoes. I've also had a few peppers and cucs. Cappuccino has enjoyed little bits of broccoli. We also picked the beans. They were really weird looking. Over a foot long and purple!! I was kind of afraid to eat them, but they were good. I have one squash on each of the surviving plants.
I made my first and so far only batch of salsa last week. It was really good. I used one jalapeno and one habanero pepper. It was pretty hot. Just the way I like it.
Unlike the weather which has been cool these last few days. Today the high was supposed to be 70, but I don't think it made it. It has rained the entire day. I haven't made it to the back yard, but it looks like a swamp out there!!

No comments: