Sunday, August 5, 2007

Peaches, again!!

I finally got around to using up the peck(I'm sure now) of peaches I purchased on Wednesday. Yesterday I made 2 batches of jam. One is peach the other is peach/cantaloupe. I did freezer jam this time because it was way too hot to stand over a hot water bath. They turned out good. I used the Pomona's pectin again.
My dd12 made a peach cobbler that was awesome. I'll post a link to the recipe. It's on recipezaar. http://www.recipezaar.com/25600She also made a batch of zucchini bread. It didn't turn out nearly as good. I grated up the zucchini for her in the Cuisinart and set it on the table. When I came back a little while later, it was all gone. I said "What did you do with the rest of the zucchini?". She said, "There wasn't any left". I said "You only needed 3 cups". "I thought you measured it". "Why would I measure it, you're the one making the bread!!" So, the bread had too much zucchini and was less than good. We will try again next week. I had her get my neighbors recipe because it's awesome. However, our first attempt really didn't do it justice.
The garden is still doing well. I've gotten a few servings of broccoli. I think we'll have a plethora of tomatoes any day now.
We went to the Montrose Market yesterday and got some amazing blueberries from Rittman's. We still haven't made it picking. It's been too hot!!
Oh, I made the grilled pizza on Thursday and it was wonderful. My family was properly impressed. :)
In bunny news, Cappuccino is going to be spayed on Thursday. Keep her in your prayers. I'm very nervous. Some people don't think you need to unless there's a male nearby. However, spaying lowers their risk of uterine cancer and helps reduce aggression as they age. So, we're having it done. She weighed 3.16 pounds at her check up.

No comments: