Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St Patrick's Day!!

My morning started with green scrambled eggs and scones topped with green sugar! A fitting way to start the day, I think. I then prepared my corned beef brisket. I decided, after much deliberation, to make it in the Crock pot. In it went with a little water, 1/2 an onion, a few chopped carrots and topped with cabbage. I also added some freshly ground pepper. I alternated between low and high for about 8 hours. What emerged was absolutely scrumptious. My DH says it's delicious. I've never had corned beef before, so I don't know what it's supposed to taste like. However this was the perfect amount of salty and seasoning. Sooooo tender and just plain yummy. I served it with a traditional Colcannon(at least that's what I hear) and an Irish soda bread. All in all, a really good dinner. It needed a dessert, but I never found an Irish dessert recipe. Just green ones.

No comments: