Saturday, April 14, 2007

More baking




Here are some recent goodies. The center multi grain bread has become our daily bread. I've been making about 4 loaves/week. It's awesome for sandwiches and toast. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is. My DH insisted that we had to have store bought bread because homemade wasn't good for sandwiches. It became my life's work(or at least a months) to prove him wrong. I tried many recipes looking for one that was "sandwich worthy" and this is the winner. It's all natural and yummy. We haven't purchased bread since it's discovery.
I also posted my perfect cranberry scones. Well, technically, they aren't my recipe. It's from Farmgirlfare, my favorite food blog. They are light and flaky, but not too sweet.
Finally, is the "Hearth Bread" that was on a package of flour. It looks good and tasted good, but didn't make the cut. I've become a bit of a bread snob and this one was a little too bland.
I still haven't made the brioche I was planning for this week. Hopefully, I'll get to it this week.

No comments: